- Large SAP BW queries run out of procedure cache on SAP ASE systems.
- Almost all of the configured procedure cache space is used up for query compilation.
- The corresponding ASE process (spid) is in COMPILING status and terminates with Error 701:
Error: 701, Severity: 17, State: 3
There is not enough procedure cache to run this procedure, trigger, or SQL batch. Retry later, or ask your SA to reconfigure ASE with more procedure cache.
- Recommendations from SAP Note 1935087 are already implemented.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Business Warehouse - All versions
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
Datamart, COMPILING, 701, SQL701, "procedure cache", CR811682, CR#811682, 811682, CR806088, CR#806088, 806088, "trace flag", traceflag, 11838, restrictive_greedy , KBA , BW-SYS-DB-SYB , BW on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.