How to design your custom MDF object's UI screen with Bar/ Pie Charts.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Metadata framework (MDF)
Reproducing the Issue
The Bar and Pie charts representation of the data can be achieved in the Default UI screen.
Please note: Bar and Pie Charts cannot be viewed/ rendered in the PP3 page, since everything on the PP3 page appears in Form layout (Label - Value pair).
They can be viewed in the Manage Data page after adding the UI screen in the Object Definition -> Default Screen.
- Login to the Instance -> Admin Tools
- Go to Configure Object Definition -> Create an effectiveDated Object.
- Definite 4 or more Numeric fields. (Data type must be of type Number)
- Save the object.
1) Login to the Instance -> Admin Tools
2) Go to Manage Configure UI Page -> Create a UI screen with base object you created above.
3) Create a Group by clicking on Add Group button. (Remove the Input type field automatically generated)
4) Drag and Drop the Numeric fields into that group.
5) Click on the Edit Properties button of that Group.
6) Scroll Down to the Display Section -> Change the Display type to Chart. Select Chart Type to Bar or Pie according to your requirement.
7) Click on OK and then Save the Screen.
8) Add this screen in Object Definition -> Default Screen as shown below.
9) Go to Manage Data page (executable Config UI Page). Create test data for this object and click on Save.
10) The Pie/Bar chart appears.
Master KBA for Manage Configuration UI FAQs => 2553102
- MDF: Metadata Framework
- Custom MDF portlets
- UI Screen
- MDF UI