You are trying to Post Goods Issue for a Delivery Proposal but this is not possible because the system shows an error - Shipment date too far in the future.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the work center Outbound Logistics.
- View Delivery Control - Subview Delivery Proposals.
- Show All Proposals By Selections and Find XXX (XXX represents the Delivery Proposal's ID).
- Select the first line and click Post Goods Issue.
- Maintain a date in the future as a Shipment Date.
- Click Save and Close button (without clicking Release).
Result: an error - Shipment date too far in future will appear
This is an expected system behaviour, as the system is not allowing a date which is more than one month in the future (or more than 6 months in the past) to be specified as a Shipment Date.
Please note that one month in the future does not always mean 30 days.
We will try to explain this behaviour by the following example:
Let us assume that you would like to Post Goods Issue on 01.02. The following month March has 31 days which means that you will be able to specify a Shipment Date up to 31.03.
You must specify a Shipment Date only within the timeframe from 6 months in the past up to 1 month in the future, in order to be able to Save the changes for the Shipment Date while creating a Post Goods Issue.
shipment, date, too, far, future, post, goods, issue, error, , KBA , error , shipment , date , too , far , future , post , goods , issue , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , AP-ODP-ODR , Outbound Delivery Request , Problem