- How does the translatable field work?
- When is the default value modified automatically?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
Employee Central - Manage Data
- For explanation, lets consider company's default language is en_US.
Fields which we are discussing here after:
Below are the scenarios and behavior of respective fields:
|Name field on UI (User's locale)||en_US||en_GB||Default before||Default after|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||blank||takes value from en_US. If en_US is blank, then takes value from en_GB|
|en_GB||unmodified on Save||Not shown||Value1||Value1|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||blank||puts value entered in en_US now|
|en_US||Not shown||unmodified on Save||Value1||Value1|
- Also please note, the title of object shown in manage data and in employment Information page is based on user's locale.
- If there is no translation for user's locale then default title is shown in both these pages.
- Default language is only updated in scenarios mentioned above.
- If you are importing translations, then preferably maintain default value as well in import file as per your requirements.
FAQ - Additional Information
Q) Where can I get Guide?
Q) Data translations clarification
A) In Manage Data the customer can maintain translatable fields in multiple languages. This will be stored at the object instance level.
Example: Customer must log in in German and then maintain the field directly or if he is logged-in in English, he must go to the Translations popup (globe icon) and maintain the different languages from there.
Customer logged-in in US English and entered a German description directly in the field.
Result: German labels were actually stored in the US English field. Probably
This was of course then stored in the US English field.
Best option: add all trasnlation Via Import and export data See: 2277994 - How to Import Data for MDF Objects in SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- 2222723 - How to Change Country Name and Translations
- 2901047 How to maintain translation for FOs and GOs - Employee Central
- 2079466 - Managing Foundation Object Translations - Employee Central
- 2210145 - Do not see my language label for a translatable field on a MDF object
- 2507298 - Label Translations not Reflecting on Fields on MDF Object Definitions
- 2826293 - Country code showing Instead of Country Name for Country Fields
- 2171588 - OData API Metadata Refresh and Export - SuccessFactors
- 2589774 - MDF: MDF Object Definition to DB Sync
ECT-57794, translation, translatable fields, name is different, name mismatch, default translation, MDF, Metadata Framework, MDF , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-MDF , MDF & EC2MDF Migration , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , How To