When trying to save a MDF Object or an EC object field as required, as error message is shown.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Admin Center > Configure Object Definition;
- Object Definition > AlertMessage;
- Click on "Make Correction";
- Search for field "alertDescriptionLocalized" and click on Details;
- Change the field "Required" to YES;
- Try to save the changes;
- Error message is displayed: "alertHeaderLocalized is required field/association. You cannot mark it as not required. Please change it back to required.".
This issue was already addressed with the Engineering team and it was fixed on the b1802 release.
If the issue persist the workaround suggested is to mark both field "alertHeaderLocalized" and "alertDescriptionLocalized" as required.
error message, issue editing MDF object, MetaData Framework , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-RUL , Custom Oject based Business Rules , LOD-SF-EC , Employee Central , LOD-SF-MDF , Metadata Framework , How To