A story pr page filter (input control) with a linked dimension does not work in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
SAP Analytics Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
Log into SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- Open the problematic Chart story having a Data Source on Linked Models.
- Add a Story Filter on the linked dimension.
- When All Members are selected, the chart appears correctly.
- By unchecking any value(s) to filter, the chart cannot show results and the message "No data is available for the chart to render" appears.
- The Same issue could be observed when using Page Filter (Input Control) on the linked dimension.
- However, if setting filter on the linked dimension in Builder of the chart, it is working.
- The attributes of a dimension must match the attributes of the dimension it is linked to.
- See Creating Linked Dimensions in the online help guide.
- 2569847 - Where can you find user assistance (help) for SAP Analytics Cloud to use, configure and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here on the SAP Community. Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, SBOC, SAC, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, story, linked model, linked dimension, page filter, story filter, filter, builder, all members, no data , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem