You need to create new logistics areas in your system using the migration activity Migration of Location and Logistics Area.
In the simulation step, you may receive an error or you may be able to complete the import, but even if no error is displayed, the logistics areas are not imported to the system.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Overview view.
- Search and Open the activity Migration of Location and Logistics Area.
- Select the option to use the Migration Tool.
- Select the migration file and execute the migration.
- An error occurs in simulation or no error occurs, however when checking the system, no logistics area has been migrated.
In case you already have a Location in the system and is trying to add new Logistics Areas to it, the migration will fail. No error message will be triggered; however no data will be transferred to the system.
When executing migration of Locations and Logistics Areas, it is necessary to migrate both Locations and Logistics Areas at the same time, on one go.The system is working as designed.
See Also Case Document: 2408838 - How migration of Logistics Areas works
Migration of Location and Logistics Area, Migration of Location, Migration of Logistics Areas. , KBA , migration of location , migration of logistics area , cannot create new logistics area under , AP-LAS-LOA , Logistics Area , Problem