- You want to create a live connection to various data sources without importing (acquiring) data into SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC).
- What data sources allow you to connect directly from your browser?
- For import connections, see 2358097 and the product documentation: Import Data Connection.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Live Data Connections:
- SAP HANA (See our new SAP Analytics Cloud connectivity setup for SAP HANA database service)
- SAP Business Warehouse (BW)
- SAP BW/4HANA (BW4)
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud (S4HC)
- SAP S/4HANA on-premise (S4HOP)
- SAP BusinessObjects (BOBJ) Universes
- SAP Business Planning and Consolidation (BPC) (Embedded model) (BPC NW / BPC Embedded)
- Since the web browser is requesting data directly from the data source using the HTTPS protocol, this requires that the data source provides the browser with a valid and SSL trusted certificate.
- Due to the following Google Chrome security change, it is not possible to workaround a valid Certificate Authority (CA) signed certificate with a self signed one.
See: Error: "Subject Alternative Name Missing" or NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID or "Your connection is not private"
- This applies to desktop browsers and the SAC mobile app. For iOS, you will find more information on trusted Certificate Authorities in the section Downloading and Installing the Mobile App of SAP Analytics Cloud documentation.
See 2653326 - Connecting to Live data does not work from the SAP Analytics Cloud mobile app.
- For more information on valid certificates for your data source, please review 2482807.
- Steps to configure CORS in HANA - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP HANA system.
- Common errors: Failed to connect to system - KBAs 2557845 and master KBA for this error 2544696.
- See our new SAP Analytics Cloud connectivity setup for SAP HANA database service.
SAP BW and SAP BW/4HANA
- Steps to configure CORS in BW - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP NetWeaver system.
- Common errors: Unknown error. Please see console log for details - KBA 2588917.
- 2467270 - Using SAP Analytics Cloud as Client for BW/4HANA
- 2415249 - Using SAP Analytics Cloud as Client for SAP BW queries on BW 7.50
- 2420960 - Using SAP Analytics Cloud as Client for SAP BW queries in BW 7.40
SAP S/4HANA Cloud (S4HC) and SAP S/4HANA on-premise (S4HOP)
- Steps to configure CORS in S/4HANA - Section Configure CORS support on your SAP NetWeaver system.
- Common errors: Error [Server]: Fatal Runtime Exception occurred - KBA 2549768.
- Extend and Integrate Your SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Integrating SAP Analytics Cloud (OAuth) (SAP Help portal)
- Extend and Integrate Your SAP S/4HANA Cloud - Integrating SAP Analytics Cloud (Direct Connection) (SAP Help portal)
UNX Universes in SAP BI Platform
- Steps to configure CORS - SAP BOE Live Data Connect Installation Guide.
- Common errors: Master KBA 2527393
- None: The browser will send directly the authentication method available to the backend: Kerberos ticket, client certificate, etc.
- User Name and Password: each user will be prompted to type its username/password for the data source.
- SAML Single Sign On (SSO): valid for HANA, BW, S/4HANA and SAP Universe. SAP Analytics Cloud and the data source selected must use the same SAML Identity Provider: AD FS, Azure AD, SAP IAS, etc.
Connecting outside your network:
- Live connections to your database will require your browser to connect directly to the datasources.
- By default SAP Analytics Cloud cannot use live data connections if it is not connected to the network where the HANA, BW, etc. system resides.
- In case the requirement is to use SAC live data connections from the internet (outside of local network) it is recommended to expose the backed system to the internet:
- For any of these options, you need to discuss with your network administrators.
Cross-origin Resource Sharing (CORS) Troubleshooting:
- 2659735 - Troubleshooting CORS issues with SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC)
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) (Mozilla.org)
- SAP Analytics Cloud Best Practices and Troubleshooting Community expert page
- SAP Analytics Cloud – Authentication and Data Connectivity openSAP course (free!)
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
live, direct, remote, hana, S4, BW, AS, ABAP, s/4, connecting, conection, SAC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , install certificate sso sac kba , cors configuration issue for sap analyti , sap analytics cloud live connection , configuration is missing. , cors method sac kba get put , LOD-ANA-LDC , SAC Live Data Connection , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , How To