- Creating Scheduled Offering from Item Classified as 'Other'
Successfactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to LMS.
- Navigate through Admin > Learning > Scheduled Offerings.
- Click 'Add New'.
- Select an Item ID with Item classification 'Other'.
- Error "You have selected an Item that cannot be scheduled. Items must be classified as Instructor-Led or Blended to be scheduled" will be encountered.
Scheduled offering cannot be created directly via this method for an item with classification 'Other'.
At least one segment must be added to the item so that 'Schedule' option will be available under 'Actions'.
Once this option is made available, a scheduled offering can be created and item classification will be automatically changed to 'Instructor-Led'.
To do this via UI:
- Open the item record (Admin > Learning > Items).
- Under 'Related' section, click 'Segments'. (If this is not available, you might not have the needed workflow or the 'Segments' tab is not shown via Record Configuration)
- Click the 'Add segment button'.
- Populate the required fields and save.
- 'Schedule' option will now be available under 'Actions' and you may create a scheduled offering from here.
Since the Item classification will be automatically changed to 'Instructor-Led', hence you can create SO via Admin > Learning > Scheduled Offerings > Add new moving forward.
Using connector, please refer to KBA 2508312 - Error when creating Scheduled Offering via Connector
cannot be scheduled, Instructor-Led, ILT, Blended, schedule, scheduled offering, SO, class, connector, item, segment, LMS, learning , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem