You are creating a connection to SAP Business Warehouse (BW) using Live Direct Connection in SAP Analytics Cloud. When you are saving the connection, you get the following message:
Failed to connect to system
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP BW 7.x
BW is configured to use SAML authentication but when you try to connect to it, it prompts the user to select the SAML Identity Provider (IdP).
You can test this behavior connecting directly to BW using a browser: https://<Your_ABAP_System>/sap/bw/ina/GetServerInfo?sap-client=<Your_Client_ID>
BW must direct the user to the default SAML IdP rather than prompting for selection. This SAML Identity provider should be the one used also in SAP Analytics Cloud if you are trying to configure SAML SSO.
In BW, you must change the Identity Provider Discovery Mode to Automatic.
Start the SAML 2.0 configuration application (transaction SAML2).
On the Local Provider tab, choose the Service Provider Settings tab.
Choose the Edit pushbutton.
Under Identity Provider Discovery select the option:
Save your entries.
More details in the guide Configuring AS ABAP as a Service Provider:
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAML, BW, netweaver, CORS, live, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, HCP, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, connecting, conecting, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , Problem