Before executing an Outbound Delivery, you decide to pack the goods. You select the Packing option but notice that the Tare Weight shown in the Weight & Measurement section is empty.
You expect to see the same weight as the one maintained in the Logistics Unit master data.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Outbound Deliveries view.
- Select the delivery ABC (ABC represents the ID of the Outbound Delivery).
- Select Packing.
- Select the option Insert Package, then Insert Top Package.
- Select the Logistics Unit XYZ (XYZ represents the Logistic Unit ID).
- Go to the Weight & Measurement tab.
- See the Tare Weight is not the same as maintained in the master data of the Logistics Unit XYZ.
System is behaving as expected. The Tare Weight shown when performing Packing is not based on the weight of the Logistics Unit itself. Instead, it is based on the weight of the Default Packaging Material, selected in the Logistics Unit master data.
The weight of this material is defined in its master data.
In case the Logistics Unit has no Default Packaging Material assigned to it, the Tare Weight field will be empty.
System works as designed.
Tare Weight, Empty, Packing, Goods, Outbound, Delivery, Logistic Unit , KBA , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem