- During periods of high concurrency and heavy load on the system
- ASE encounters a timeslice in the function kboalloc() with a stack trace:
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x1633469 (kboalloc+0x479)
This Adaptive Server process has had 15300421 major and 26010644 minor page faults since boot.
- With the server process holding a PDESMGR_SPIN spinlock:
Spinlocks held by kpid 12345678
Spinlock Resource->rpdesmgr_spin at address 0x0000000144119980 owned by 12345678
- Causing ASE to crash.
Stack trace shows the following functions:
Note: A complete stack trace is available under Attachments.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 for Business Suite
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.7
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0
802811, CR802811, CR#802811, row_count, rowcount , KBA , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.