You are getting the below mentioned error in the UI Designer of your custom screen during the activation.
Pane container does not fit into layout because it requires more than 1 rows.
SAP Business ByDesign
SAP Cloud for Customer
SAP CLoud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
Navigate to the UI Designer of your screen.
- Click on the Activate button.
- Error Appears.
Note: The same error can be seen by selecting the Enable Checkmate option in the UI Designer.
Model elements derived from GridLayoutType declare an overall grid layout with a fixed number of rows/columns. If you have not maintained your layout according to this, then the error will be raised.
Enable the Checkmate option in the UI Designer for the same UI Component.
- Click on the button next to it to execute.
- You can see the error messages in the CheckMate Check Results window below.
- The error message will be provided with a Help Document link.
- Click on the link and a document will be open.
- The details on the layout settings will be mentioned in the document.
- Select the PaneContainer option from the Properties drop down.
- Validate the settings maintained with the settings mentioned in the document.
- Make the necessary changes accordingly and activate.
Enable CheckMate PaneContainer Error , KBA , enable checkmate , pane container error , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , Problem