You get the error message "The SAP Cloud for Customer Add-In for Microsoft Outlook has not been set up" when logging into Outlook Client-Side Add-In.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
Log into Microsoft Outlook SAP Cloud for Customer add-in, a pop-up is shown as below:
There are two possible causes for this issue:
- The relevant scoping has not been added in Business Configuration.
- There is Junk value in the Proxy settings.
Solution for cause 1:
This message can appear when the scoping elements/questions relevant for the Office Integration were not maintained.
Please follow the steps below to configure the scope correctly:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Access the Implementation Projects view.
- Select the project and click Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to step 3, Scoping.
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange
- Ensure that the Office and Desktop Integration checkbox is marked.
- Move on to step 4, Questions.
- Expand Communication and Information Exchange, then Office and Desktop Integration.
- Select the option Integration with Local E-Mail Applications.
- Ensure that question "You can synchronize data between your SAP cloud solution and your users' local e-mail application" is marked.
- Move on to step 5, Review.
- Ensure that the options have been reviewed and click Finish.
Solution for cause 2:
This message can sometimes appear when junk data has populated the fields in Proxy Settings.
Please use the following steps below to remove the junk data:
- Go to Settings in Outlook Add-In.
- Go to Proxy settings.
- Check if any junk value is maintained in Proxy URL.
- Remove junk value and click Apply changes.
Outlook, Error, Outlook Add-In, Scope, Business Configuration, Local E-mail Applications. , KBA , LOD-CRM-GW-OUT , Outlook , Problem