In the 2017Q4 release, product managment team released a new functionality called Candidate Profile Extension.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
You can add additional information to the Candidate Profile through the MDF object, CandidateProfileExtension. It will be displayed in the "more information" tab in the candidate profile.
To configure field and label, go to Admin Center > Configure Object Definitions and search for Object Definition. Enter the information for Candidate Profile Extension and click Take Action. Here you will define the label and fields to be displayed on MDF QuickCard. You can also define the fields on the MDF object, CandidateProfileExtension, which will be displayed in the MDF QuickCard Candidate Profile Extension in the Recruiting User View of Candidate Profile.
Candidate Profile Extension is so far visible for Recruiting users and not yet visible to Candidates on their Profile. Please do NOT store any recruiter-only data in Candidate Profile Extension as this object will be candidate-facing in future releases.
For my example I have just the fields candidateId and comment defined in the object. Here is the looking of the Quickcard content:
To access the above screen follow these steps:
- Go to Candidate Profile.
- In the More Information section, click the create icon next to the Candidate Profile Extension to add details. (see first image of this article)
- The Candidate Profile Extension pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the details and click Save.
- The create icon now changes to a QuickCard. (as displayed above)
- Click the QuickCard icon to view the details of the Candidate Profile Extension. (as displayed above)
Once the information is available in the Candidate Profile, the recruiters can view the details or click Edit to either modify or delete the content. If necessary the system admin can also perform the same operations through Data Manage page. To do this, go to Admin Center Manage Data and search for Candidate Profile Extension. Enter the Candidate ID to display the content. Alternatively, data can also be created using Create New option in the Manage Data page:
The Candidate Profile Extension is displayed in:
- Application Details section of Candidate Workbench
- Candidate Profile section of Candidate Workbench
- Print Preview (without a QuickCard) of Candidate Workbench
- Candidate Profile section of Candidate Search
Need to Know
- Supports change logging and read logging.
- If a candidate gets deleted through Delete Candidate option, the CandidateProfileExtension will also be deleted.
- Supports Purge
- When the candidate is marked for anonymization, the CandidateProfileExtension is set to inactive.
- When the candidate is purged either by executing directly the purge rule or by executing the RCM Entity Anonymization Job, the CandidateProfileExtension will also be purged.
- Supports Candidate Profile Conversion
- External To Internal Candidate Profile Conversion: If the External To Internal Candidate Profile Conversion job is enabled, the job will convert the external candidate profile into an internal candidate profile. As part of this conversion, the CandidateProfileExtension gets copied from the external candidate to the internal candidate.
- Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion: The Internal To External Candidate Profile Conversion job is used to convert the internal candidate of a terminated or inactive employee into an external candidate. As part of this conversion, the CandidateProfileExtension gets copied from the internal candidate to the external candidate.
- Supports Candidate Merge
- If only the secondary candidate has a CandidateProfileExtension, the CandidateProfileExtension will be moved to the master candidate.○
- If both the master candidate and the secondary candidate have a CandidateProfileExtension, the CandidateProfileExtension of the secondary candidate will be deleted.
- Candidate OData service: A navigation attribute is added to the Candidate OData service to be able to navigate from it to the CandidateProfileExtension OData service.
- CandidateLight OData service: A navigation attribute is added to the CandidateLight OData service to be able to navigate from it to the CandidateProfileExtension OData service.
- A new entity called CandidateProfileExtension is available to be used in OData operations.
NOTE: As mentioned above, all Recruiting user will be able to access the Candidate Profile Extension, the option to hide this feature for a specific user is currently not possible.
2578760 - Reporting on Candidate Profile Extension
2677103 - How to hide or delete Candidate Profile Extension to any users - Recruiting Management
candidate profile extension; candidate profile; CandidateProfileExtension MDF , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM , Recruiting Management , Problem