You created a model importing from a SQL Database, BW or similar. During Data Integration (wrangling) you changed some names, created a hierarchy and implement other changes.
After the model is created, you schedule this datasource with the option Clean and replace and you observe that the hierarchies disappear and the descriptions are changed back to the original names in BW or your data source connection.
- SAP Analytics Cloud
During the creation of a model, using a query is only a helper to create a model rather than creating it manually. However, once created, the data can be imported from multiple data sources. These data imports will record the transformations and respect names and hierarchies of the model.
This connection should only be used during model creation. You need to create a new connection importing data only and map these fields to your existing mode. These are the steps to follow:
- Navigate to the model that you want to import new data to.
- Open the model and select the first tab: Datasources.
- Select the option Import Data from ->]
You can import data from a different data source. In this example, I will be using exactly the same SAP NetWeaver BW BEx query used during creation of the model.
In this example, I can reuse the existing query I used during model creation.
When you finish importing the data into your model, you will see the new entry for Data Import that can be refreshed and scheduled without affecting the existing descriptions or hierarchies
Optional - Remove the query for Model Creation
If you want to avoid mistakes in the future scheduling the incorrect query, you can remove the query using during the creation of the model.
- Help resources and free SAP Analytics Cloud content
- Help portal
- SAP Community (Questions & Answers / Direct Link to ask question / Blogs)
- SAP Community WIKI
- Improvement requests (on the SAP Customer Influence portal)
- Video tutorials
- Videos by topic areas: (Overview, Models and Connections, Stories, SAP Digital Boardroom, Planning, Collaboration, Administration)
- Training events
- Past event recordings
- New user handbook
- How to connect to on-premise data
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud
- Introducing SAP BusinessObjects Cloud: BI and Planning (SAP Press book)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
description, label, key, Cloud for Analytics, C4P, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, C4A, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJ, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., BICloud, BO Cloud, import, changing, SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , How To