We have a business rule with the base object job information model. We have observed that this rule triggers in the rehire inactive employee wizard. Why does this happen?
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
Employee Central - Business Rules
Reproducing the Issue
- 1. Hire a new employee via the add new employee wizard
- 2. Observe business rule doesn't trigger
- 3. Rehire an inactive employee via the rehire inactive wizard
- 4. Observe the rule triggers
The data in the add new employee wizard isn't saved until the data is submitted by pressing save at the bottom of the add new employee wizard
The data in the rehire inactives wizard is already saved in the database from the time the user was hired and terminated in the system
The Employee Information and Employee Information Model objects were created specifically for the add new employee wizard to trigger on job information element in the add new employee wizard
The job information (model) base object(s) only trigger on job info if the data is already in the system, so saved to the database
Once a user is hired in the system, these rules will trigger off of job info for employee's
As the data for users in the rehire inactive wizard is stored in the database, job information rules will trigger and not employee information base object rules
Please refer to the Using Business Rules in SuccessFactors handbook, specifically the base objects section for more info
- This is currently expected behavior. All rules related to employee data, will trigger during New Hire.
- The "Employee Information" or "Employee Information Model" are used to ensure those rules will trigger in the New Hire Wizard only, but it does not mean rules with other Base Objects will not trigger in during New Hire.
2643621 - Business Rule is Triggering During New Hire Despite Not Having an Employee Information Model Base Object
Business Rule, Add new Employee, Rehire Inactive Wizard, Rehire Inactive Employee, Job information, Employee Information, Job Information Model, Employee Information Model , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-RUL , DO NOT USE - Business Rules & Event Derivation , LOD-SF-EC-JOB-RUL , Job Info Business Rules , LOD-SF-EC-HIR-NEW , Add New Employee Wizard , How To