- Unable to save reports.
- Fail to save report to the SAP BI Server from Crystal Reports.
- When attempting to save a report from Crystal Reports to the SAP BusinessObjects Repository, it fails with the error:
'Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)'
SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.1
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.2
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Install SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools and Crystal Reports, on the same computer.
- In Crystal Reports, under the menu "File", select "Open"
- In the left pane, select "Enterprise"
- Logon to the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise"
After submitting a valid Central Management Server (CMS) information and valid logon credentials, the error is returned:
Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)
- SAP BusinessObjects applications share many common files, and the issue occurs when different versions of SAP BusinessObjects products are installed to the same computer, with different product version.
- The version mismatch between Crystal Reports and other SAP BusinessObjects application installed on the same machine causes Crystal Reports to use the incorrect Support Pack driver to connect the SAP BusinessObjects Repository.
- Update the other SAP BusinessObjects software version to match the Support Pack version of Crystal Reports.
If on the same computer you have the SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools 4.2 at Support Pack 02, and Crystal Reports 2016 at Support Pack 04, then you need to install Support Pack 04 for the SAP BusinessObjects Client Tools, so it match the exact Support Pack of Crystal Reports 2016 used.
KBA 1745855 - "Transport error: Communication failure.(FWM 00001)" when attempting to log on to Enterprise from Crystal Reports designer
Publish Transport error: Communication failure. (FWM 00001) 2011 2013 2016 , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , Problem