When you remove or unassign a contact from Account it in turn deletes the contact's E-mail, Phone number, Fax and other information entered in the system.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customers work center.
- Go to the Accounts View.
- Display any Account.
- In the Account screen, navigate to the Contacts facet.
- Add a new Contact by clicking the New button if it does not exist already.
- Enter all information required to create a new Contact such as Name, Phone, Fax, E-mail, etc.
- Choose Save.
- This Contact should now exist with all the above information in the Contacts view of Customers work center.
- Delete the Contact from the Account using the Delete Icon.
- This will in turn remove the E-mail, Phone and Fax information from the Contact which still exist in Contacts view of Customers work center.
The Business Communication data of a Contact (such as phone, fax, e-mail) is relationship/account dependent.
When you start creating a contact via the quick create UI or choosing New button, you will enter the communication data. When you realize that it is the wrong account, you remove from the account. Subsequently system clears the communication data of contact because when you choose a different account for this contact the communication data would be different.
When you change the account from the contact itself then the communication details remain unchanged allowing you to change the correct account.
This is expected system behavior.
Communication Information, Contact, removed, deleted, vanishes, E-mail, Phone, Fax , KBA , LOD-CRM-CON , Contact , Problem