Error: 'The value of the property "$" is null or undefined, not a Function object'
- When opening Crystal Reports it display an error.
- When starting Crystal Reports, it display a script error:
"An error has occurred on the script of this page.
Line : 2
Error: The value of the property "$" is null or undefined, not a Function object
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?"
SAP Crystal Reports 2008
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Crystal Reports 2008 designer.
- After some time, it will display the error: "
"An error has occurred on the script of this page...
Error: The value of the property "$" is null or undefined, not a Function object..."
- When opening Crystal Reports, it display a Start Page that displays dynamic information.
- The dynamic information is hosted on an SAP Server, and the java script used contain an error.
- This issue is specific to Crystal Reports 2008 only, and does not affect other version of Crystal Reports. If you have a similar issue with other version of Crystal Reports, then see the SAP Knowledge Base Article: 1205429
The Start Page issue has now been resolved on the SAP Server.
When starting Crystal Reports 2008, it will display the Start Page successfully.
Note: If you do not want to display online resources on the Start Page, see the SAP Knowledge Base Article:
1370033 - How to disable the Start Page online resources in Crystal Reports?
CR, script error, StartPage
KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
Crystal Reports 2008 V1