When trying to use the "Explorer Mode" or "Data View" tab in a Story which is based on Live Data Connection to SAP BW, the following error message appears in SAP Analytics Cloud:
"Cannot read property 'newDimensionSorting' of null"
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- Live Data Connection
- SAP Business Warehouse
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAC.
- Create a Story based on Live Data Connection to SAP BW.
- Enable "Exploration Mode" in the Styling menu or use the "Data View" tab.
- Notice that the error message appears.
This is a product limitation. "Data View" or "Exploration Mode" are not yet supported.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, styling, data view, dimension, sorting, exploration , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem