- How to set up field criteria on Generic Objects fields?
- How to limit the display of values in field of Generic Objects type based on the value selected on a different GO field?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HCM Suite
- Metadata Framework (MDF)
To limit the value on one GO field, based on the value selected on another GO field, we can make use of Field Criteria in the following way
- Below is a custom MDF object that has 2 fields with data type as Generic Object
- The two GOs referred above have a parent-child(composite) relationship as shown in the screenshot below
cust_GenericObj_1 - Parent object
cust_GenericObj_2 - Composite child
- Create some sample data for the cust_GenericObj_1(Parent object) and also add some child records for cust_GenericObj_2(composite child) via the Manage Data page
- Try creating data for the MDF object - cust_compensationHistory, where the fields referring to MDF objects are added as shown below.
You will notice, the field field_GO2 will not show any data in the drop-down currently.
field_GO1 - refers to cust_GenericObj_1
field_GO2 - refers to cust_GenericObj_2
- On the cust_compensationHistory object definition, add the required field criteria which will limit the values displayed in cust_field_GO2 based on the value selected in field cust_field_GO1
On the cust_field_GO2, edit the field to add the criteria as shown in the below screenshot.
- When creating the data for the cust_compensationHistory, you will notice now that the referenced field cust_field_GO2 displays required data in the drop-down as per the set field criteria restrictions
Metadata Framework, MDF, Field Criteria, GO, Generic Object , KBA , LOD-SF-MDF-OBJ , Object Definition & Field Related Issues , LOD-SF-MDF-MGD , Manage Data - Create, Update & Delete , How To