Resume parsing is not working when importing a candidate or when creating a candidate through API
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
Steps to reproduce the issue when using Candidate profile import feature:
- Create candidate Profile CSV file
- Import the Candidate Import job in provisioning
- Candidate profile Imported successfully but Resume parsing not happening.
Steps to reproduce the issue when creating a candidate through OData or SFAPI:
- In a tool to send HTTP requests (Postman, for example), insert the API call to create a candidate
- Send the request
- You will see the request was successfully, you will be able to see the candidate profile in the instance, but the resume is not parsed
This is an expected behavior of the system. Resume parsing will not work while importing candidate using csv or through API call. Resume parsing is only applicable while manually uploading the resume into the candidate profile page. Even after successful import if the candidate tries to upload the resume parsing will work as per the mapping done in the "Manage Recruiting Standardization Mapping".
There is already an ehancement requested regarding this topic on the Influence Portal. You can vote for this idea on this link.
resume parsing, api, candidate import, odata, sfapi , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem