You created Form Master Templates and assigned them to different Org Units but when previewing a Sales Order Confirmation, the Master Template determined by the system is not the one expected but the Default Master Template.
Reproducing the Issue
1. Go to the Application and User Management work center.
2. Go to the Master Template Maintenance (Under Business Flexibility view).
Result: You can see the Form Master Template ABC (ABC represents the Template Name) you assigned to Org Unit XXX (XXX represents the Org Unit), and also Form Master Template DEF (DEF represents the Template Name) you set as Default so with no Assignments in use.
Now you check the Form Master template determined by the system for a Sales Order Confirmation:
1. Go to the Sales Orders work center.
2. Go to the Sales Orders view.
3. Show All Orders and open Sales Order GHI (GHI represents the ID of the Sales Order).
4. Click on View All and navigate to the Involved Parties tab.
You can see the Sales Unit and Sales Org are XXX and the Seller party is YYY (YYY represents the ID of the Seller party).
5. Click on the Preview button.
Result: You can see the default Form Master Template DEF is determined by the system to create this Sales Order Confirmation. However, you expect that the Form Master Template ABC is determined by the system since you assigned it to Org Unit XXX.
Unlike Invoicing, for Sales Orders the Form Master Template cannot be determined using the Sales Organization of the Sales Order. The Form Master Template is only determined by the Seller party of the Sales Order.
This is the expected system behaviour.
For the correct Form Master Template to be determined, you need to maintain the assignments based on the Seller party (Company) and not the Org Unit.
Note: The same behaviour is also valid for Sales Quotes.
KBA , form master template org units , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , How To