FTP Test Connection in Report Center is showing the error "login has no write permission"
The same issue happens in Provisioning to schedule a new job
- Report Distributor may not work as well using the same FTP
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SuccessFactors Workforce Analytics (ANA) - All versions
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Report Center
- Select a report
- Click on Actions > New Schedule
- Set the destination as FTP
- Put your FTP credentials
- Click on Test connection
- See the error
- Scenario 1: The SAP SuccessFactors outgoing Public IP address is blocked by your environment
- Scenario 2: The login user does not have permission to the FTP root folder
- Scenario 1: You need to allowlist the SAP SuccessFactors outgoing Public IP address to allow the connection into your environment
- For Provisioning and Report Center follow 2089448 - Successfactors Datacenter Name, Location, Production Login URL, Production Domain Name, External mail Server details and External mail Server IPs
- For Report Distributor follow 2696182 - Report Distributor (WFA) - Public IP Address to be allow-listed at 3rd Party SFTP
- Scenario 2: The login user does not have permission to the FTP root folder. User should have both "Read" and "Write" permission to the root folder or to the destination folder.
- You can configure the FTP path to "/incoming"
- Click on Test File Put Permission
- It will be successful
- The Test Connection button may still not work. However, when you run the scheduled job it will work.
FTP error login has no write permission Report Center Distributor Schedule Job Provisioning Test Connection File put permission SFTP, SFTP, FTP, Report Center, Report Distributor , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-RDT , Report Distributor (Advanced Reporting, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-EXP , Report Exports (Ad Hoc, YouCalc, ORD) , LOD-SF-ANA-RCT , Report Centre , How To