In Stock Overview, a stock appears to have a negative In-Transit quantity, which is not expected.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Physical Inventory work center.
- Select Stock Overview link available under Common Task.
- Select Product ID ABC (ABC represents the Product ID).
- Choose Go.
- The product shows a negative quantity XXX at Site DEF (XXX represents the quantity value, DEF represents the Site ID).
- The most probable explanation is human error. For example: a Stock Transfer Order would have been created for a quantity XXX, but then when creating the inbound document when receiving the product, bigger quantity was recorded, creating a stock discrepancy in the system.
- It could also happen after the stock was received, the business user performed Undo Cancellation on the outbound delivery.
In this case, at Site ID DEF, the extra quantity shows in the system as negative.
There are 3 possible ways to correct this:
- If you have indeed delivered a surplus of products, you can cancel all the documents and create a new Stock Transfer Order and complete the inbound delivery at receiving side.
- If you have delivered only the requested quantity, you can adjust the inbound delivery with the correct quantity. For that you can use Adjustment Confirmation.
- If you need to cancel all the documents, please cancel from the Inbound delivery side. Canceling only the outbound delivery will also cause the above inconsistency.
- You can also perform an Adjust In-Transit Stock to Zero from the Common Tasks in the Physical Inventory workcenter.
Stock Transfer Order, Stock Transfer Delivery, Negative Stock, Stock Overview, In Transit, Quantity, Inventory, Value, Amount, , KBA , AP-ODP-OD , Outbound Delivery , How To