You create a new outbound e-mail interaction within a ticket, however the Sender's E-mail (From) Address is unexpected or blank.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Service work center.
- Go to the Tickets view.
- Open ticket 123 (123 represents the ticket ID).
- Navigate to the Interactions facet.
- Click in New or Reply.
- The From address is not the expected or empty.
You would expect this to be populated with a specific sender e-mail address.
The From address is dependent on ticket source and/or service and support team. Also, in case the support channel changes or another support channel is envolved in the interactions, the system will take the last channel into consideration as the sender.
- If the source of the ticket is e-mail, the system checks for the initial e-mail which created the ticket. The e-mail ID of the channel is picked, and maintained as the Sender. Only if there is no e-mail channel associated with the ticket, then the Service and Support team e-mail address will be considered.
- If the source of the ticket is Manual, Internet or other source, and the last communication is not from e-mail, then the Sender address is picked based on the e-mail address maintained for Service and Support Team. If no e-mail address is maintained, then Sender address will be shown as blank. This is dependent on the Scoping Question "Do you want to default Service Team instead of the Business Org in From Address?". To enable it:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click in Edit Project Scope.
- Go to the Step 4: Questions.
- Expand: Service > Customer Care > Service Request Management > E-Mail Handling.
- Check the box for question "Do you want to default Service Team instead of the Business Org in From Address?".
Ticket, Ticket Interactions, From address, Email sender, outbound email, internet, manual , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP-INT , Ticket Interactions , How To