- Cannot shutdown Backup Server in a normal way.
From the logs you can see the following message but nothing happen:
"the backup server is already performing a deferred shutdown"
- Trying to run backups and getting error messages indicating the backup server
is being shutdown.
- showserver shows the backup server being up.
- ps shows the bacup server is up.
- Can not shutdown the server. Errors saying it is process of being shutdown.
- Can not restart the backup server.
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 12.5
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 15.x
- OS: Unix
bs, back-up server, kill process, sybmultbuff , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.