You are looking to use a report in your system which works with multiple currencies and units of measures. But since there are multiple currencies, you can't get a proper result of all the values, so you are looking to remove the Unit of Measure/Currency sign from the value which is being displayed by a specific key figure, so that you can use this key figure to perform calculations without any problems.
This requirement was experienced and related in an SAP Cloud for Customer 1708 system.
Reproducing the Issue
In order to reproduce this behavior, you may access any report in your system which make use of key figure that display monetary and measurable values, then, you may see that all these values are displayed followed by 'lb', 'Kg', 'GBP', etc.
The Key Figures behave like this since when the system was designed, our developers defined that monetary and measurable values should be display followed by the sign which it represents.
Even if it is the standard behavior of the system, if you wish to display the values of a key figure without the sign of Currency/Unit of Measure, please follow the step by step below:
Go to 'Business Analytics' work center;
- Go to 'Design Key Figures' view;
- Click on 'New' button to create a new key figure;
- In step 1, choose the name and description for the new key figure, notice that this key figure will be the same of the one you are looking to separate the sign from value;
- For the Data Source, choose the same Data Source which the report you are using is based on;
- In the 'Type' option, choose the 'Calculated Key Figure' option and click on 'Next';
- In step 2, click on the 'Data' dropdown list and choose the option 'NODIM';
- Search for the Key Figure you are looking to remove the sign in the list, drag it and drop it inside the 'NODIM()' parameter on the screen; (For example: NODIM("Item Value"));
- The expected result should be 'NODIM("KeyFigureName")';
- Click on 'Finish' button;
Please notice that this procedure must be followed for each key figure you wish to display the values without the sign of Currency and/or Unit of Measure. Please notice that this procedure must be followed for each key figure you wish to display the values without the sign of Currency and/or Unit of Measure.
Also notice that depending on the version of your system, the creation of key figure functionality might not work as expected in HTML5 UI, so in order to ensure you can follow this approach, kindly use the Silverlight UI.
KBA , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To