When trying to create model based on Import Data Connection the following error message appears in SAP Analytics Cloud:
Tomcat logs show - "<Driver Name> has been compiled by a more recent version of the Java Runtime (class file version 57.0), this version of the Java Runtime only recognizes class file versions up to 52.0"
- SAP Analytics Cloud
- SAP Business Warehouse
- Microsoft SQL 2012
- Import Data Connection
Reproducing the Issue
- Logon to SAP Analytics Cloud.
- Go to Main Menu --> Create --> Model.
- Select a connection.
- Try to search for a query.
- Error message appears.
There are multiple potential causes for this issue.
Please check these items:
- Ensure the JAVA_HOME environment variable points to a JVM that matches Tomcat architecture (x86 vs x64).
- Ensure vcredist_x64 matches the Tomcat architecture (x86 vs x64).
- Please ensure that SAP Cloud Connector specifies HTTP for communication with Tomcat if Tomcat is expecting HTTP.
- Check in Tomcat Properties-> Java Virtual Machine and ensure JVM point to the "jvm.dll" under SAPJVM installation directory(This is normally defined during Tomcat installation. Re-install Tomcat might be required for this step).
- If creating an Import Data Connection to SQL, please make sure the JDBC driver variant is compatible with SAPJVM 8, eg JRE 8.
- How to find User Assistance for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- Ask a question on the SAP Community!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening incidents with SAP Analytics Cloud (Hint: Use component LOD-ANA*)
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
Please rate how useful you found this article by using the star rating feature at the beginning of this article.
SAP BusinessObjects Cloud, Business Objects, SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics, Create, Search, Find, Failed, Error, Not Possible , KBA , LOD-ANA , SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC) , LOD-ANA-BI , Business Intelligence Functionality, Analytic Models , LOD-ANA-PL , Planning , LOD-ANA-BR , SAC Boardroom , LOD-ANA-PR , SAC Predictive , Problem