- We just upgraded to the new picklist values for Gender ('Enhancement to Gender Values – Inclusion of Additional Gender Values') from upgrade center;
- The gender picklist does not reflect the additional gender types, even when the respective Update is installed;
- How to add new values in the Gender Field in Manage User?
- How to make the Gender field a non-required field?
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Admin center > Manage Permission Groups;
- Choose a Permission Group;
- The People Pool uses Gender. The only values available are Male/Female even though they are available in Personal Information-Gender;
Additional gender values are not supported in non-EC features.
In the 'Enhancement to Gender Values' enhancement shown in Admin center > Upgrade Center , Employee Central provides the option to include additional gender values along with male and female to meet global requirements. The additional values are Unknown, Undeclared and Others. The additional gender values will appear in 'Personal Information > Gender' since Personal Information is an EC feature.
Those additional values are not supported in non-EC features like RBP Groups and Manage User. Hence, this is an expected behavior.
Additionally, there is a workaround to make the Gender field a non-required field through the Manage Business Configuration UI (BCUI):
- Search by Manage Business Configuration on Search Tool
- On Manage Business Configuration > Go to Employee Profile > Standard > Gender
- On Gender field, set Mandatory as No
Gender picklist, Unknown, Undeclared, Others, Male, Female, permission Group, people pool, Enhancement to Gender Values, Additional Gender Values, Gender, upgrade center, BCUI, , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-RBP , Role Based Permissions , Problem