You open a custom UI Screen (for example, Embedded Component) from the Cloud Application Studio, and are trying to select the Edit icon to edit this screen. This action causes the UI Designer to crash and the below error message is shown:
"A new guard page for the stack cannot be created"
This issue does not occur when you open and edit an Embedded Component from the Configuration Explorer.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Application Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- Open the Cloud Application Studio (SDK).
- Open the affected solution.
- Open any custom Embedded Component.
- Highlight the pane on the Embedded Component, and select the Edit icon.
- Error appears and the Cloud Application Studio shuts down.
This issue occurs, as when you open a UI Screen from the Cloud Application Studio, it is opened in Edit mode already.
Therefore, when you select the Edit icon again, it causes the Cloud Application Studio to crash.
When opening a UI Screen from the Cloud Application Studio, do not select the Edit icon.
Make the concerned changes, and Save and Activate these changes.
UI Designer crash, Guard Stack, Edit Mode, UI Designer, Edit, pencil, PDI, SDK , KBA , ui designer , crash , edit mode , AP-RC-BDS-UI , ByDesign Studio UI Generation , Problem