You are creating an integration for Customer Service Processing where you need to consume Web Services to manage Customer Returns. You discovered that in the Web Service ‘ManageCustomerReturnNotificationIn’, the ‘actioncodes’ are spelled with a capital ‘A' as in ‘ActionCode’, whereas in all other Web Services it is spelled with a lower case ‘a’ as in ‘actionCode’.
Since you call different Web Services from the same instance in your system, you are worried this can potentially lead to many problems, because the ‘actioncodes’ are case sensitive. You therefore want to know why the ‘actioncodes’ are spelled differently, and how you can circumvent the potential issue.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to the Application and User Management work center.
- Go to the Service Explorer view.
- Find the Web Service ‘ManageCustomerReturnNotificationIn‘.
- Click the button Open WSIL to open the Web Services Inspection Language file for the Web Service ‘ManageCustomerReturnNotificationIn’.
- Find ‘*Code*’.
- You can see that the Element ‘actioncode’ are spelled with a capital ‘A' as in ‘ActionCode’.
There is no standard guideline followed for the Action Code field. Hence, it can be actionCode or ActionCode in different Webservices. These names are case sensitive. You have to use the same name as in the Webservice Web Services Description Language.
Webservices, Webservice, Web Service, ActionCode Field, actionCode Field, Customer Return Notification, WSDL, WSIL, SOAP. , KBA , wsdl , wsil , webservices , web service , soap , actioncode field , webservice , customer return notification , AP-IDP , Inbound Delivery Processing , How To