Migrating from Legacy Leave of Absence to Time Off for Leave of Absence is a straight forward process, however you may have some questions regarding the transition:
- Employee Central
- Time Off Leave for Absence
After switching on “Time Off for Leave of Absence Only”, you have two options to handle employees’ return to work events for leaves of absence which started in “Legacy LOA”:
Create the Leave Of Absence return record manually in the employee’s Job Information History.
Insert a new record in the employee’s Job Information History, fill in the effective date, event (Return to Work) and event reason based on return of leave of absence, and save the record.
In the future, all new Leave Of Absence records for the employee must be created using Time Off now.
Delete the Leave of Absence start record in the employee’s Job Information History, and create a new leave of absence request using Time Off
This is also described in our Time Off Handbook Section "4.16.4 Using Time Off Leave of Absence in the People Profile" in the Leave of Absence chapter.
- Yes, as of b1711 with PP3 and Time Off for LOA only enabled, you will be able to request leave of absences via Take Action.
- However, this will not lead to the previous Manage Leave of Absence screen.
- If you are an admin / manager with permissions to the workbench, it will lead to the time off Workbench UI.
- If the employee themselves is logged in, it will go to the Time Off ESS screen.
- Please see KBA for more details on this: 2558149 - Time Off: How to start a Time Off Leave of Absence from Take Action (v12 and PP3 UI)
- Yes, as long as the Expected Return Date on the previous record is before the start date on the preceding record, this is possible.
- For more details on this see KBA 2577808 - Time Off for Leave of Absence (PP3 and V12) FAQ
Note: When importing leave of absences for the first time (Employee Time Import) we recommend you to split the LOA import in two records being one with the LOA without actual return date and another one with the same LOA with the actual return date. For this you need to maintain the externalcode during the import and make sure that you are using the same external code for the import where you start the leave (without actual return date) and ends it (with actual return date).
2558149 - Time Off: How to start a Time Off Leave of Absence from Take Action (v12 and PP3 UI)
ECT-88009, PP3, People Profile, loa, rloa, leave of absence, return to work, ec, employee central, time off migration, , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-TIM , Time Off , How To