This document will describe how to unlock your user in SAP Cloud for Customer and SAP Business ByDesign environments. This usually happens in cases where the user session was not finished and you try to open the same document which was opened before.
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Open an Object in a C4C / BYD system.
- Click Edit.
- Now turn off your internet connection.
- Your user will be locking the object, even if you close the browser.
The lock system was created to avoid inconsistencies in the documents from BYD /C4C. Those could be caused by double editing of the same object. After one hour the lock should be removed.
Below you can find some situations where a document can be locked in the system:
- A dump or screen freeze forces you to close a C4C session for example with the windows task manager.
- If the browser dumps /stops working because windows has some trouble.
- Mobile app crashes.
- You are logged in on another device and a data record is still open in edit mode.
You can remove the lock manually by following the following steps:
- Open the logon screen, and enter the user name.
- Enter a wrong password once (and press logon). The system will ask to check the credentials, and after the warning, enter the correct password.
- After you enter correct password, system will display a list of previous locked sessions.
- Check (tick) them all, and proceed to logon.
- Now you can work on your locked objects.
KBA: 2809720 - Error: "Unlock failed. Please create an incident to resolve it."
C4C ;Lock ; BYD , KBA , LOD-CRM-UX-SLS , User Experience Sales Cloud , How To