LMS converted America/Caracas Timezone using UTC−04:30 instead of UTC−04:00.
Successfactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
Assign a learning item to a user with 'America/Caracas' timezone.
Note: The 'Required date' time is always automatically set to 23:59:59 EST of that date, then converts it to the preferred timezone of the user.
- This timezone was previously UTC−04:30 from 9-Dec-2007 until 30-Apr-2016.
- It was changed to UTC−04:00 effective 1-May-2016. (See this Wikipedia article).
- In LMS, this change was applied across each data centers over many weeks starting March 2017.
- Applying the change was not expected to change the conversions done prior this.
- Use the Required Dates Editor to update the required date of learning assignments.
- System will now pick up UTC−04:00.
America/Caracas, timezone, convert, conversion, calculate, incorrect, required date, date, time, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , Problem