When selecting the New or Reply button in the Interactions facet of a ticket, the SMS icon is greyed out.
SAP Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Service work center.
Go to the Tickets view.
Open Ticket 123 (123 represents the Ticket ID).
Go to the Interactions facet.
Select the drop down.
- The SMS icon is greyed out.
There are four reasons why:
- The necessary question is not checked in the Business Configuration.
- The ticket Channel is Internet.
- The ticket Channel is Manual.
- The ticket is created for an Account.
- In the first scenario, follow steps below:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click in Edit Project Scope.
- Navigate to section 4 Questions.
- Expand Sales > Account and Activity Management > Activity Management.
- Check question "Do you want to record messaging activity?".
- In the second scenario, this is the system expected behaviour. The SMS reply option is currently not available when the ticket Channel is Internet.
- In the third scenario, this is the system expected behaviour. Sending proactive/composing SMS from a ticket created manually, is currently not supported. Agents can only create an SMS as a response to a ticket that was initially created from an incoming SMS.
- In the fourth scenario, this is the system expected behaviour. Currently, SMS integration is designed only for Individual Customers, and tickets created for Individual Customers have the SMS option enabled.
SMS, ticket, interaction, business configuration , KBA , LOD-CRM-SC-MES , Messaging / SMS , How To