Data source Sales Quote Header (ID: CODCQTHB) does not show the correct opportunity assigned to the sales quote.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Business Analytics work center.
- Go to the Design Data Source View.
- Find and Preview the Data Source Sales Quote Header (CODCQTHB).
- Filter by Preceding Opportunity XYZ (XYZ represent Opportunity ID).
- Select Go to run the report.
- Add Sales Quote charactisic from the available Field Tab.
You can see Sales Quote ABC (ABC represent Sales Quote ID) shows Preceding Opportunity XYZ.
However when you navigate to the Sales Quote ABC in the work center Sales you would see Opportunity DEF (DEF represents the Opportunity ID).
The characteristic Preceding Opportunity shows the first opportunity in the chain of predecessor opportunities.
So for example, let us assume a document flow like this: Opportunity XYZ -> Opportunity DEF -> Sales Quote ABC
This data source does not show the entire flow. For the quote ABC, it shows the very first opportunity of the document flow, which in this case is opportunity XYZ.
To identify all Opportunities that are related to a Sales Quote please follow the below steps:
- Go to the Sales work center.
- Search and find Sales Quote ABC.
- Open Assigned Opportunity.
- Move to the tab Related Opportunities.
- Here you will see a list of opportunities related to Sales Quote ABC.
We would also suggest you use the Data Source Opportunity BTD Reference (ID: CODOPPBTDB) instead of Sales Quote Header (Data Source code:CODCQTHB). This data source contains the direct predecessors and successors of an opportunity.
Alternatively, the data source (ID: CODCQTBTDB) shows only directly related documents of a sales quote, so it will show the direct predecessor opportunity.
If you would like to suggest a change in the standard behavior, please use the Influence Forum to submit your suggestions.
CODCQTHB, sales order header, sales order item, wrong opportunity, preceding, predecessor, document flow, missing data, sales quote, , KBA , LOD-LE-CQP , Customer Quote Processing , AP-RC-ANA , C4C, ByD, Travel: Analytics Tools & Frameworks , How To