How to distribute Database Expert Settings to multiple users?
Are there registry keys where the Database Expert Options set in Crystal Reports are stored?
SAP Crystal Reports 2013
SAP Crystal Reports 2016
SAP Crystal Reports 2020
Reproducing the Issue
Start Crystal Reports, and create a new report.
In the Database Expert, create a connection to any data source.
Notice that by default the Stored Procedures are not visible.
Set the Database Options to display stored procedure:
4.1 Selecting under the menu "File - Options"
4.2 In the Options windows, under the tab "Database", check the option Stored Procedure.
4.3 Click "OK" to accept the change.
Now, when creating a new report in Crystal Reports, and connecting to any data sources, it shows Stored procedures.
How to distribute the same Database Options set in Crystal Reports to multiple Users?
- Crystal Reports stores the Database Options selected in the following registry key:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions
To share the same Database Options selected to other users, distribute the registry keys:
WARNING The following resolution involves updating the Microsoft Registry. Using the Microsoft Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems. Use the Microsoft Registry Editor at your own risk. For more information see the SAP Knowledge Base Article 1323322
- Open the Microsoft Registry Editor (regedit)
- Navigate to the following path:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\SAP BusinessObjects\Suite XI 4.0\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions
- Export the keys to a .reg file.
- Distribute the .reg file to other users. And the other users then need to execute the file to populate the registry with the same Database Options.
CR , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , How To
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020