You have created a new supplier invoice without reference to purchase order however, system shows an error message while trying to post the supplier invoice:
Error - Item 1: G/L account XYZ does not exist or is not permitted
XYZ means the G/L Account description.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supplier Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Common Tasks section.
- Select New Invoice Without Purchase Order.
- Fill in the mandatory details and go to the Items tab.
- Select subtab Cost Distribution and enter G/L Account XYZ.
- Click Check or Post button.
- Error message is thrown:
Item 1: G/L account XYZ does not exist or is not permitted
G/L account XYZ assigned in the supplier invoice is not allowed to use in supplier invoice document type and hence error appears.
You should define the respective account determination group as available to be used in supplier invoices, as follows:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view and click Open Activity List.
- Navigate to tab Fine Tuning.
- Select the activity Charts of Accounts, Financial Reporting Structures, Account Determination.
- Click Edit Account Determination Groups.
- Under Group Types by Ledgers expand Costs or General ledger
- Select Groups for General Expenses or Groups for Other Current Assets respectively
- Find the XYZ under Group ID and mark the checkbox Available in Supplier Invoice.
- Click Save and Close.
As a result, you should now be able to use G/L Account XYZ in supplier invoices.
G/L account does not exist, G/L account is not permitted , KBA , g/l account is not permitted , g/l account not valid , g/l account xyz does not exist , AP-SIP-SIV , Supplier Invoice , How To