You are doing a Post Goods Issue and trying to post a negative stock, you receive the following error messages:
- Logistics area XYZ (XYZ represents the Logistics Area ID) is not valid.
- Inventory in logistics area not available.
- Save failed.
SAP Business ByDesign All Versions
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Outbound logistics work centre and then to Delivery Control view and select Delivery Proposals.
- Now search for the Delivery Proposal and choose Post Goods Issue button.
- In the Create Outbound Delivery and Goods Issue screen, enter the Actual Quantity and Source Logistics Area ID.
- Hit enter and system shows the mentioned error messages.
You are not able to do negative inventory posting even though the Negative Stock Allowed is set up for the Logistics Area XYZ because you have set the Allocation Type.
When working with Negative Stock, it is not recommended to assign Allocation type and while setting the Allocation Type system gives warning message Selecting the Negative Stock Allowed Indicator with Allocation Type is not recommended.
The allocation should reserve stock in the Logistics area for a specific order consistently. In case you work with Allocation and Negative stock for the same Logistics Area, you will not be able work with negative stock since an allocation on negative stock will not be possible.
This is a standard system behaviour.
Please follow the below mentioned steps to remove the Allocation type:
- Go to the Supply Chain Design master data work centre and then to Locations view.
- Now select the Location with Logistics Area XYZ and then choose Edit Layout button.
- Now in Site Layout screen, select the Logistics Area ID XYZ and go to the General tab.
- Here you can see that Allocation Type is selected and Negative Stock Allowed is checked.
- Delete the Allocation Type and choose Save button.
- Now reopen the Post Goods Issue screen and you will be able to complete it with negative stock.
Allocation Type, Negative Stock Allowed, Post Goods Issue, Logistics Area. , KBA , negative stock allowed , post goods issue , allocation type , logistics area , AP-IP-INV , Inventory , AP-ODP , Outbound Delivery Processing , Problem