You have a requirement to add PDI extension fields in the Time Types-Country Activity in the Business Configuration using cloud studio however you are not able to Extend/Add the required fields using SDK.
Business Used Case Scenario:
Automatic premium assignment: The system is able to determine the overtime hours and assign a premium to these overtime hours via the Time Recording Profile. The Time Recording Profiles can be set up in Business Configuration, and the profiles themselves be assigned to the employee in their Time File. However, this overtime determination is done only via Thresholds, and not via the start time and end time, which you need for automatic shift premium determination.
In ByDesign system it is not possible to automatically assign shift premiums to the times recorded by the employee. The Employee or Time Administrator must manually enter the Premium Pay field, which could be based on the Start Time and End Time of the time recording.
The premium pay in this object can be either manually entered via time entry screens or derived based upon thresholds configured in employee's time recording profile. In case this is not sufficient and premium pay needs to derived based upon some other rules e.g. shift premiums, a custom add-on can probably write into the field PAYMENT_TYPE_CODE based upon relevant rules (possibly captured in a PDI object.).
TIMX_EMPLOYEE_TIME is PSM released but the solution around that would need to be validated. Please note that this business object is Status and Action enabled and hence any add-on developed on this BO should take care of testing the same.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Business Configuration workcenter
- Select Implementation projects
- Open activity lists
- Select All Activities
- Search and select Time Types - Country (Select Time Type for required country e.g. Canada)
- Select Overtime Rule Tab
- Select Overtime Threshold sub tab
You need to add extension fields on this screen for automatic Premium Pay .
To meet the requirements of Shift Premium (especially for Night Shift workers) using cloud studio you may follow the below steps:
1. Rules/mapping can be maintained in a PDI object, where based on the recorded time period (i.e. start time end time based time recording) 'premium pay' aka 'payment type code' can be derived for shift workers.
2. An 'After modify exit' can be implemented on Business Object TIMX_EMPLPOYEE_TIME where based upon user entered start time and end
time 'premium pay' can be derived (as per rule in step 1) and updated in the PAYMENT_TYPE_CODE field on the ITEM node of TIMX_EMPLOYEE_TIME.
3. Mapping of Time type -> Premium Pay -> Compensation Rate can be either maintained in ByDesign system using 'Compensation -> Compensation Components -> Actions: Maintain Time Type Mapping '(if Compensation module is used in ByDesign) Or it can be maintained in a PDI object for better control.
Premium Pay, Extension Fields, Time Type , KBA , SRD-HR-TLM , Time and Labour Management , Problem