You have released a Production Order, and now you want to know how to cancel/delete this Production Order.
SAP Business ByDesign
Once a Production Order is released, it is not possible to cancel/delete it. However, from 2005 release onward, you can cancel the Production Order as long as the related Tasks still have the Status "Not Started" (see the knowledge Base Article "2924609 - How to Cancel Production Order which is in Released Status" for further details).
Also, you can directly finish the relevant Production Tasks of the Production Order, without reporting any quantity. To do so:
- Go to the Production Control work center.
- Select the Task Control view.
- Open the Advanced search and enter production order in the Production Order ID field.
- Choose Go button.
- Select the relevant task and select it.
- Choose Change Status to Finish.
This way, the Task will be finished without reporting any quantity. This will also change the status of the Production Order to Finished. Production Request will also be closed. You can then create a new Production Proposal to start the production process again.
However, if you want to create a new Production Order with reference to the same Production Request then first finish the task without reporting the quantity as explained above. Then follow the below mentioned steps:
- Go the Production Requests view.
- Search for the relevant Production Request. Here you can see that the Create Order button is disabled.
- Choose Undo Set Complete. After this, the Create Order button will be enabled.
- Choose Create Order, and then Partial Quantity.
- Enter the Number of Production Orders you want to create.
- Then enter Ordered Quantity Per Order. Also if you do not want to create further Production Orders for this Production Request, then select Production Order Creation Completed.
- Finally choose OK button.
- System will create a new Production Order with reference to this Production Request.
Cancel Delete, Production Order, Production Request, Release, Production Control, Create Order, Partial Quantity , KBA , cancel delete , production order , AP-PE-ORD , Production Order , Problem