When you enter the Ship From location in the Sales order as ABC, the system gives the error: Item XX: Location ABC with role Ship From Location must be of type Site
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Sales Orders work center.
- Navigate to the view Sales Orders.
- Choose the button New and select the option Sales Order.
- In the New Sales Order page choose the button View All, In the General tab enter the account details and navigate to the Items tab.
- In the Items tab choose the button Add Row and under the column Product ID enter the product ID in the sales order
- Under Details Tab you change the Ship From to Location ABC(ABC is Location ID)
- System will give the error message :Item XX: Location ABC with role Ship From Location must be of type Site
In Business ByDesign the products are always delivered to your customers from a Site and not a Location. The system determines the Ship-from for a customer demand either from a Site or from a Supplier. Location ABC is not maintained as Site.
This is system standard behavior.
KBA , AP-SLO-SO , Sales Order , Problem