When trying to migrate Location and Logistics Area, you get one of the errors below in Simulate Import step.
"Logistics area ID in sequence item ABC\SOURCE_XYZ\1 not defined or not valid"
"Logistics area ID in sequence item ABC\DESTINATION_XYZ\1 not defined or not valid"
Reproducing the Issue
Go to Business Configuration workcenter;
- Search for Migration of Location and Logistics Area;
- Open the activity;
- Click Migrate Location and Logistics Area using the migration tool;
- Select the migration template;
- Click Execute Migration and choose Step by Step;
- Receive the error in Simulate step.
This is the expected behaviour. When creating a Material Flow of Basic Rule type for Location, it is required to choose a Logistic Area. It is the same behavior when creating it in UI.
In "Location - Material Flow" tab of your template, for records filled with 1 for Basic Rule in "Basic or Advanced" column (2), it is required to maintain the "Logistic Area ID", which is a hidden column (7).
KBA , AP-LDM-MIG , Location Data Management Migration and Replication , Problem