The error message 'Entry not valid. Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 10 character(s)' is triggered when adding an Installation Point to an Installed Base.
SAP Hybris Cloud for Customer.
Reproducing the Issue
Go to the Installed Base work center.
- Go to the Installed Base view.
- Open the Installed Base ABC (ABC represents the Installed Base ID).
- Go to the Items facet.
- Select the Add Items button.
- Select Existing Registered Product from the dropdown.
- In the following Pop-up, enter the value DEF in the ID field (DEF represents the Installation Point ID).
- Error message 'Entry DEF not valid. Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 10 character(s)' appears.
The Installation Point DEF is of type Functional Location and you are trying to add this to the Installed Base via Add Exisiting Registered Product. Registered Product and Functional Location are different types of Installation Points. The Add Existing Registered Product option should be used to add Installation Point of type Registered Products.
The Functional Location is included as a separate entity which results from replication from SAP ERP integration and can be created separately within the Installation Point tab, but cannot be added as an Installed Base item. This is the expected behaviour of the system.
Installed Base, Items, Existing Registered, Add, Entry not valid. Your entry is too long. Do not enter more than 10 character(s), Installation Point , KBA , installed base , items , existing registered , entry not valid , your entry is too long , do not enter more than 10 character , installation point , LOD-LE-IBA-IBA , Installed Base , Problem