- Enable 'Item-Based Event' in 'Record Learning' Tool for Users
SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
- Log in to LMS as user.
- From the home page's 'Links' section, click 'Record Learning'.
For the users to see this option, the workflow 'Access Record Learning Events' (*) must be in their role. To add this:
- Log in to LMS as admin.
- Go to Admin > Users > *** Search for and open user record*** > View All.
- Take note of the role assigned to the user.
- Now, go to System Admin > Security > Role Management > ***Search for and edit the role taken from step 3***.
- Go to 'Workflows' tab.
- Click the 'add one or more from list'.
- Expand 'Learning', select 'Access Record Learning Events' and click 'Add' button.
- Click the 'Apply Changes' button.
(*) The "Access Record Learning Events" workflow also controls the availability of the "Add" button in the "Learning History" section. If this workflow is removed, the button will not be available.
The UI of the 'Record Learning' page may vary as below.
This can be controlled by switching the following configuration between 'True' and 'False'.
Admin > System Admin > Configuration > System Configuration > LMS_ADMIN > updatedSelfRecordLearningFlow=
- When this is 'True', UI will be the first screenshot above.
- When this is 'False', UI will be the second one.
Record Learning, updatedSelfRecordLearningFlow, item, item-based, external-based, external, workflow, Access Record Learning Events, user, completion, LMS, learning , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-COR , LMS Core - Items, Catalog, Curricula , LOD-SF-LMS , Learning Management System , How To