You are using the extended migration template for migration of fixed assets (for example, more than one valuation view or set of books in your legacy system).
Upon simulation an error shows as Posting leads to different acquisition cost amount when migrate fixed asset.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
You can reproduce the issue with following steps:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center and Implementation Projects view.
- Select the implementation project and select Open Activity List.
- Select Integrate and Extend.
- Search for Migration of Accounting Transaction Data activity and click Migrate accounting transaction data using the migration tool.
- Select the migration unit and select Execute Migration.
- Simulate the migration, then you get the error Asset val.view: Posting leads to different acquisition cost amount.
Not all the combination of set of books and valuation views are included in the xml file for migration.
Please maintain the migration data for all combination of set of books and valuation views created in system.
To identify which combinations of set of books and valuation views are missing, please consult KBA 2565738.
fixed assets migration; extended template; valuation view; acquisition; cost amount , KBA , extended template , fixed assets migration , acquisition , valuation view , cost amount , AP-ACC-FXA , Fixed Asset , How To