- How to create a custom Sub-Domain or custom Domain for any Jam instance?
- Is it possible to change the companyID/domain to login in Mobile Jam App?
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP Jam Collaboration
SAP Jam allows Company Administrators to request a Custom URL (custom Sub-Domain or custom Domain) for their tenant to help end users recognize that they are working with a company approved site.
Example of custom Sub-Domain: ace.sapjam.com
Example of custom Domain: example.ace.com
Custom Sub-Domains and custom Domains are also supported for the SAP Jam mobile app. For activation instructions, please see the information HERE in SAP Jam Mobile App User Guide.
Please read through the Custom Domains section in our Admin Guide for preparing for your custom Sub-Domain/Domain change, and to also know what all would be affected.
**Custom Sub-Domain/Domain requests can be Low or Medium priority only.
**Scheduling is subject to Operations & Engineering availability.
Once you are ready, as a company administrator, you can contact customer support to request that they update your Jam Sub-Domain or Domain to display your company or intranet name, and provide the details filling the template below:
- What is the Company ID/URL of your Jam instance? --
- Have you read and understood the Custom Domains section of our Admin Guide? --
- Do you want your content migrated to the new URL or not? (YES/NO) --
- Preferred Scheduled Date (At least 12 days buffer) --
- Requested custom Sub-Domain or custom Domain --
- For Custom Domain requests only:
- SSL certificate for the domain --
- Private Key for the domain -- Private keys should always be shared via secure channels.
Important Notes for Custom Domain:
- Words/terms not allowed to be used in a custom sub-domain-> ["cubetree", "stage", "integration", "demo", "developer", "jam", "communities", "communitiestest", "integcrm", "outbound", "www", "eu", "nj"]
- Private Key requirement - The private key should be in plain text format, and should not be encrypted,
- SSL Certificate requirement - We require the combined certificate, which will have the Intermediate CA certificate also. This should also be in plain text format.
- DNS Requirement - In the DNS system, the custom domain must resolve to “custom-“ followed by the generic data center domain. Meaning, a customer in DCX must ensure that the DNS entry for the fully custom domain is a CNAME record referring to “custom-jamX.sapjam.com”.
For example-> A customer in DC4, who wants the custom full-domain "https://example.ace.com",
- example.ace.com must be a CNAME record (otherwise known as a DNS alias) referring to "custom-jam4.sapjam.com".
As a reference-> Try looking up the URL “jam4testprod.sapjamcustomdomain.com” via the 'host' command-
$ host jam4testprod.sapjamcustomdomain.com
You will find that the URL "jam4testprod.sapjamcustomdomain.com" is a DNS Alias for custom-jam4.sapjam.com, which has address 184.108.40.206.
Creation of DNS entries or getting SSL Certificates/Private Key for a custom domain are general networking topics. And, beyond the requirements shared above, SAP Jam Support/Engineering/Operations cannot offer any additional guidance on how to get the SSL certificate/key or how to create required DNS entries for it.
So, if a customer is unsure of the above topics, we would recommend them to opt for Custom SubDomain instead.
Custom Subdomain, Custom Domain, Customize SAP Jam URL, Custom Jam URL, Custom URL , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-DOM , Custom Domain Change , How To
|Preparing for your SAP Jam Collaboration custom domain.docx|