This KBA provides information about new feature Exclusion List User which is introduced in b1711 release.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning Management System (LMS)
Reproducing the Issue
Exclusion list is new feature introduced in release b1711. When we delete users in LMS, " Purge Deleted User Audit History" automatic process if scheduled purge the audit history of deleted users to remove, in an unrecoverable way, all audit data about a user. You can exclude users from the Purge Deleted User Audit History automatic process. The process looks for users who have been deleted from the transactional tables and deletes them from the audit tables.
For most customers, user data is deleted from transactional tables by Data Retention Management (DRM) in SAP SuccessFactors platform, which handles exclusions. However if you have already deleted a native (Learning only) user and discover you need to retain their audit history (for example in the case of a legal or audit issue) you can add that user to the Exclusion List.
This feature allow you to prevent permanent deletion of audit trails on an as-needed basis.
Prerequisites Admin must have the workflow “Edit Purge Deleted User Audit History Automatic Process”
Please refer below example of userA deletion.
- Login into LMS as Admin
- Navigate: Users -> Users -> Click on Add New -> Create new user with id "userA"
- Delete the userA using Actions -> Delete link
- Navigate: System Admin -> Automatic Processes -> Purge Deleted User Audit History
- Click on "Edit Exclusion List" link
- Try to add user id "userA" in the Exclusion list. Please note the user id is case sensitive.
- Close the window. Verify field "Users excluded from purge" field reflects correct number of users as per Exclusion list. Maximum number of users can be added in Exclusion list at a time is 100.
LMS, purge, 1711, Genaral Data Protection Regulations, LRN-20652, audit data, purge threshold , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ADM , System Admin, Global Variables, References , How To